Are you experiencing issues with your Firestick remote not responding correctly? This guide will explain how to reset Firestick remote, ensuring that you can continue to enjoy your IPTV subscription and services without interruption. A reset Firestick remote can resolve various issues, allowing you to return to seamlessly navigating and controlling your Amazon Fire TV device.
What are Firestick Remotes?
Firestick remotes are controllers designed for navigating and operating Amazon Fire TV devices. They come in various versions:
- Alexa Voice Remote: The most prevalent type, equipped with a microphone button for voice commands, allows searching and playback control.
- Alexa Voice Remote Lite: A basic version of the voice remote, lacking voice search but still facilitating standard navigation and control.
- Fire TV Remote App: An Amazon mobile app that enables your smartphone or tablet to function as a Firestick remote for navigation and control.
- Advanced or Alternative Remotes: Third-party remotes that might offer unique designs, extra features, or a broader range of control options.
It’s important to pick a remote that’s compatible with your specific Firestick model and caters to your preferences in functionality.
Impacts of a Malfunctioning Firestick Remote
With a damaged Firestick remote, you lose the ability to easily navigate menus, select content, manage playback, and utilize various features and settings on your Firestick device. Operating your Firestick without the remote can be challenging.
However, there are alternative solutions and troubleshooting steps that can help, which we will explore in the next section.
How to Buy a New Firestick Remote?
If you need to go buy a new Amazon Firestick remote at the first swing of a switch, you can do so on the Amazon website or in any electronics store that sells Amazon products. Before purchasing a new remote, ensure that it is compatible with your specific Firestick model.
Before concluding that the remote is permanently damaged, you should consider troubleshooting steps such as replacing the batteries, resetting the remote, or contacting customer support. Avoid the overhead of unnecessary replacement remotes.
Why is Firestick Remote Not Working?
There may be several reasons why your Firestick remote is not working. Here are some common troubleshooting steps to identify and fix the problem:
- Check the batteries: Make sure the batteries in the remote are properly inserted and have sufficient charge. Try replacing the battery with a new one to see if that solves the problem.
- Restart the Firestick: Unplug the power cord from the Firestick device, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in. This usually solves minor connection problems between the remote control and the Firestick.
- Pairing the remote control: If the remote control is not responding, it may have lost its pairing with the Firestick. To pair again, press and hold the Home button on the remote control for about 10 seconds until it reconnects.
- Remove obstructions: Make sure there are no physical obstacles between the remote control and the Firestick device. Move any objects or devices that may be blocking the signal.
- Check for interference: Other electronic devices or sources of interference, such as Wi-Fi routers, can disrupt the remote’s signal. Try moving these devices away from the Firestick or switching to a different Wi-Fi channel.
- Reset the Firestick: Navigate to the Firestick settings and perform a factory reset. This will restore the Firestick to its default settings and may resolve any software-related issues.
If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware problem with the remote control itself. Consider purchasing a new remote or contacting Amazon Customer Support for further assistance.
How to Reset Firestick Remote?
You know that there are different versions of the Firestick remote control, which more or less affects the steps to fix the remote control, but, in fact, the difference is not very big. The diagram below illustrates the common functions of a Firestick remote, which you can identify on your own Firestick remote to follow the upcoming instructions.
How to Reset Firestick Remote First Generation?
Starting with the basics, as outlined by Amazon, ensure your Fire Stick Remote is within 10 feet (3 meters) of the Fire Stick device for optimal performance. With that in mind, let’s dive into the process of resetting the first-generation Alexa Voice Remote:
- Unplug your Fire Stick device and wait 60 seconds.
- Then press and hold the Left button and the Menu button at the same time. Hold for 12 seconds.
- Release the button and wait 5 seconds.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Reinsert your firestick device and wait until you see the screen indicate that the remote is not detected.
- Put the batteries back in the remote. Make sure the battery is correctly aligned with the positive terminal (+/-) when reinserting it.
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Your remote should now be paired. If your remote is not paired, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
How to Reset Basic Edition Remote?
If you’re using the Firestick Basic remote control, here’s a step-by-step guide to perform a reset:
- Press and hold the Home button (like a little house) and the Menu button on the remote control three times at the same time
- Then release the Home button and press the Menu button 9 times. (Don’t be surprised)
- Remove the batteries from your remote control
- Unplug the firestick like the first generation remote control and wait 60 seconds
- Reinstall the remote control batteries and plug in the Fire Stick or Fire TV
- When the home screen appears, press and hold the home button for 40 seconds
- This process will take about a minute to complete the setup
How to Reset Most Fire TV Remotes?
For users with the second or third generation of Fire Stick remotes, such as the Fire TV or Lite versions, please note the reset instructions will differ slightly from those of the basic or first-generation models. Here are the specific steps tailored for these more advanced remotes.
- As usual, loosen your firestick plug and wait 60 seconds
- Find the Menu button and the back build and the Left button on the remote control and press them simultaneously and continuously for 12 seconds
- Release the button and wait for more than 5 seconds
- Take out the battery, insert the firestick and wait, a prompt will appear then install the battery back in.
- Press the home button
- Wait for the remote control to complete the reset process. the LED indicator flashes blue to indicate successful pairing and attempt to navigate and control the Firestick device
- If pairing is not successful, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds
These are the three ways to reset the Fire Stick remote control. If you are the FireStick itself is not working and you want to restart the Fire Stick, please check the related tutorial.
If you find the current TV channels limited and subscriptions too pricey, with no suitable channels to watch, consider subscribing to iviewHD IPTV.
iviewHD IPTV is compatible with all Android devices and Firestick, and is a highly popular premium IPTV subscription service amongst users. It offers a vast selection of international channels and VOD content, including PPV and valuable sports content. Click to get a 3-day free trial.
72-Hour IPTV Free Trial
- +1300 Live TV channels
- +3000 Movies & Sports Events
- TV Guide (EPG)
- Plus with Catch Up & Cloud PVR
- Reliable & Stable Server
- Supported to Android & Firestick
- IPTV Instant Activation, No CC
Video Tutorial: How to Reset Amazon Fire TV Remote
This video tutorial provides a step-by-step guide on how to reset your Amazon Fire TV Remote.
How to Reset a Jailbroken Firestick
When you need to reset a Firestick that has been modified beyond its original settings, such as those that have been jailbroken, the process mirrors that of a standard reset. Yet, it’s crucial to remember that this action will clear all apps and custom configurations that were added during the jailbreaking. To perform a reset on a jailbroken Firestick, follow these instructions:
- Press the Home button on your Firestick remote to access the Firestick home screen.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option of the menu and select it.
- In the “Settings” menu, scroll to the right and select “My Fire TV” or “Devices and Software” (depending on the Firestick’s firmware version).
- Select “Reset to Factory Defaults” or “Reset to Factory Defaults” (again, the wording may vary depending on your Firestick’s firmware version).
- A warning message will appear informing you that all data will be erased. Confirm the reset by selecting “Reset” or “Reset” again.
- Your Firestick will begin the reset process, which may take several minutes to complete.
- Once the reset is complete, your Firestick will be restored to its original factory settings and all jailbreak modifications will be removed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set your Firestick to the same new settings.
After the reset, you can choose not to jailbreak your Firestick again, or you can continue to jailbreak it. Please remember that jailbreaking your device may void the warranty or violate the Terms of Service, so do so at your own risk and responsibility.
FAQs about Reset Firestick Remote
How do I reset my Amazon Fire Stick remote?
To reset your Amazon Fire Stick remote:
For the first generation Alexa Voice Remote:
- Unplug your Fire Stick and wait 60 seconds.
- Press and hold the Left and Menu buttons for 12 seconds.
- Release, wait 5 seconds, then remove the remote batteries.
- Replug your Fire Stick and wait for the on-screen prompt.
- Reinsert batteries and press the Home button.
For the Basic Edition Remote:
- Press and hold the Home and Menu buttons three times.
- Press the Menu button nine times.
- Remove the batteries, unplug the Fire Stick for 60 seconds.
- Reinsert batteries, replug the Fire Stick, and hold the Home button for 40 seconds.
For most other Fire TV remotes:
- Unplug the Fire Stick for 60 seconds.
- Press and hold the Menu, Back, and Left buttons for 12 seconds.
- Release, wait 5 seconds, remove the batteries.
- Replug the Fire Stick, wait for the prompt, then reinsert the batteries.
- Press the Home button and wait for the blue LED flash indicating pairing success.
If your remote doesn’t pair, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
How do you pair a fire stick remote?
To pair your Fire Stick remote:
- Navigate to “Settings” on your Fire TV interface.
- Choose “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.”
- Select “Amazon Fire TV Remotes.”
- Press and hold the “Home” button on your remote for 10 seconds.
This action should pair your remote with the Fire Stick. If it doesn’t pair, repeat the process or consult the user guide for further assistance.
How do I reset my Fire Stick without the remote?
To reset your Fire Stick without the remote:
- Use the Fire TV app on a smartphone to control your device.
- Go to “Settings” > “My Fire TV.”
- Choose “Reset to Factory Defaults” and confirm.
Alternatively, you can hold down the “Reset” button on the device for 10 seconds if your model has one.
Why is my Firestick remote not working and not connected to WIFI?
If your Firestick remote isn’t working and it’s not connected to WiFi, try these steps:
- Replace the batteries in the remote.
- Ensure there are no obstructions between the remote and the Firestick and you are within the required range.
- Re-pair the remote by holding the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Check for interference from other devices and move them away if necessary.
- Use the Fire TV app on a smartphone to control the Firestick and check the connection settings.
Can we operate Fire TV stick without remote?
Yes, you can operate a Fire TV Stick without the remote by using the Fire TV app available on smartphones or by connecting a compatible Bluetooth mouse or keyboard.
In conclusion, resetting Firestick remote is a simple yet effective solution to most remote-related problems. With these steps, your remote will be back to functioning optimally, letting you get the most out of your IPTV service and subscription. Remember, a reset Firestick remote is your gateway to uninterrupted entertainment on your Amazon Fire TV.